Friday, May 7, 2010

How To Style Your Own Apartment

My pal and brilliant photographer Dan Hallman offered to photograph my apartment for fun so of course I want it to look better than it is and that only happens with perfect styling.
I honestly could use all the help I can get so please post comments and share fabulous tips. Here is what I am thinking so far:

I always Color Coordinate my book case not only does it look better it is easier to remember where I put everything.
Via Sweet As A Peach

Food out in nice little bowls so it looks like you cook - lemons are key! I also love white canisters or the clear ones Ina has. This is Ina Gardens kitchen

I am desperate for all white summer bedding - I am OVER a border - that's just me. Julie Hillman has mastered Perfect Bedding! Check out her website and you will see. Via Julie Hillman Design
Fresh flowers ALWAYS make the room! They need to be everywhere next to the bed - in the bathroom, kitchen EVERYWHERE. Via Pearl Street Interiors


Love Love Love the clustering of the blue and white vases - now where can I buy them for nothing? Thank you Anna Spiro for posting this picture and all of your amazing pictures on you wonderful blog Absolutely Beautiful Things
Three of the most perfectly styled bathrooms all by my absolute FAV David Jimenez.
Tricks : All Towels must be white, candles, and products should be white as well so throw out those tacky shampoo bottles . Add silver or wooden trays and boxes and fresh flowers - put the seat down et Voila.



To see more of David's genius styling tricks click here.

3 comments: