Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Art that Makes the room

Painter Sofia Wright told me my blog lacked one thing real art! A painting makes the room and one of her favorites is Julian Schnabel, and his work featured in the Gramercy Park Hotel: My favorite Sofia Write painting is Ocean Drive - I could look at all day every day .



Julian Schnabel's home and studio in Manhattan Via Art Knowledge News
Photo stylist Juan Carlos Garcia-Lavin's Manhattan apartment. Via Elle Decor
Las Hermanas Iglesias, ''Lost Glove'' (2009). Collection of 62 single gloves found in Paris (October 2008-April 2009) and gouache on paper, variable - Curator Jose Ruiz. Image courtesy of PPOW Gallery.Via NY Art Beat


Why didn't I think of this?



Have to add that I just saw When in Rome with my husband and although the movie was weak I was more than excited to see the Cai Guo-Qiang excibition that was at the Guggenheim a while back. I saw that exhibit at least 5 times and it was my favorite of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment